Heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems, tightly constructed buildings, building-related pollutant sources and people-related pollutant sources can all play a role in the quality of air within buildings. Building occupants reporting thermal comfort issues or symptoms such as irritation of the eyes, nose and skin, headaches, fatigue, coughing, sneezing and nausea may be an indication of improper HVAC operation or poor building air quality.
Safetech offers a wide variety of indoor air quality (IAQ) services using state-of-the-art sampling equipment and following current IAQ standards and guidelines to provide the highest level of service.
Services Provided by Safetech Include:
- General IAQ Assessments (measurement of thermal comfort and common IAQ parameters such as carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, particulate, and volatile organic compounds)
- Odour Investigations
- Post-Fire Air Quality Testing
- Radon Testing and Mitigation
- Air Quality Monitoring during Construction or Renovation
- LEED Air Quality Testing (IEQ Credit 3.2)
- Air Sampling for Specific Contaminants (formaldehyde, allergens, mould, etc.)
- Detailed HVAC Assessments
- Duct Cleaning Assessment and Testing