Protection of the air, sediment, soil and groundwater from contamination is of the upmost importance for the preservation of our property, ecosystems and the environment. Spills, leaks, discharges and emissions from operations and processes have the potential to contaminate your property and surrounding properties. Environmental legislation can be confusing but it is important to ensure compliance for real estate transactions and for any operations that have the potential to discharge contaminants into the environment.
Safetech’s team of Professional Engineers, Certified Environmental Technologists and Environmental Technicians can help ensure that you are complying with environmental regulations and can assist you with your property transactions, obtaining environmental compliance approvals, and submitting any emission inventories required for your operations.
Services Provided by Safetech Include:
- Phase I / Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (to CSA Standard)
- Phase One / Phase Two Environmental Site Assessments (to O. Reg. Standard)
- Contaminated Site Remediation
- Records of Site Condition
- Environmental Compliance Approvals (ECAs), Emissions Reporting, and Acoustical Assessments
- Environmental Audits
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) Decommissioning
- Hydrogeological Studies and Investigations
- Perimeter Air / Dust Monitoring during Building Demolition and Excavation
- Drinking-Water Quality
- Spill Response Assessments, Testing, and Clean-up
- Forensic Site Investigations and Contaminants Source Determination and History
ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLIANCE APPROVALS, EMISSIONS REPORTING, AND ACOUSTICAL ASSESSMENTS
If your facility releases contaminants into the air or creates noise, you may need an Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA). The definition of a contaminant is very broad and can arise from commercial and manufacturing processes, sources of combustion, and sources of noise generation. This applies to most industrial facilities as well as several commercial, institutional and municipal facilities.
Some examples of where an ECA may be required include:
- Spray Paint Booths
- Commercial and Manufacturing Operations
- Emergency Generators
- Mobile Unit Sources
- Large HVAC Equipment
- Cooling Towers
- Other Sources of Air and Noise Emissions
Safetech specializes in preparing documentation packages in support of applications for Environmental Compliance Approvals and would be pleased to assist you with your ECA application.
Safetech also has expertise in assessing and inventory for a variety of other environmental emissions to ensure compliance with municipal, provincial or federal reporting requirements. This includes:
- Environmental Activity and Sector Registry (EASR)
- Emission Summary and Dispersion Modelling (ESDM) Reports
- Noise Screening and Acoustic Assessment Reports (AARs)
- Pollutant Release Inventories (NPRI, Ontario Regulation 127)
- Noise Impact Studies
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Accounting Services